Come explore the wonders of Berlin from a new perspective. From free tours to food tours, from art tours to night tours, Alternative Berlin Tours offer a bit of everything. These walking tours are educational, informational and lots and lots of fun. Check out world-famous graffiti and the secret sights of this historical city or discover the cultural epicenter of punk and electronic music or where the reggae and rock history is hiding.
Alternative Berlin Tours offers a handful of great tours:
- Alternative Berlin Tour – the original free tour that allows you to see Berlin as a local does. Visit everything from skateparks to multicultural neighborhoods and iconic landmarks.
- Alternative Nightlife Tour – visit some of Berlin’s top nightclubs and bars. Known for its amazing nightlife, from the Absinthe bar to historically significant clubs, this is a tour not to be missed.
- Street Art Workshop – see some of the world’s most famous graffiti and even make some art of your own. See the sights of Berlin through an artist’s eyes with this unique tour.
- Street Art Tour – for those who want to explore the city’s street art but without the hands-on experience. Discover incredible art that you never knew existed right here.
- Real Berlin Experience – discover how Berlin balances trends and traditions. This cultural tour takes you through the backstreets of the city to explore underground galleries and hidden markets.
- Craft Beer and German Beer Tour – start in the brewing district and get to the root of this delicious beverage. Learn about German beer, it’s history and how it tastes – that’s right, samples included)
- Green City Tour – this unique tour takes you from organic supermarkets to local bee farms as you visit the green businesses and sites of the city.
All tours are walking tours and open to the public, though some have age restrictions. For a more personalized experience, you can book a private tour for individuals, groups or even students. Berlin’s rich history is multi-faceted and exploring it from different perspectives and with a local guide is a great way to get a deeper understanding of this city’s past.
Alternative Berlin Tours take place almost every day of the year and have been recommended by guidebooks, travel magazines, and world-renowned publications since their inception in 2006. While other tours might take you to visit the wall and the site of Hitler’s bunkers and Charlie’s Checkpoint, these tours will show you the things you didn’t read about in a guidebook. Explore the fascinating alternative Berlin with one of these eye-opening, educational tours.